Wednesday, May 6, 2009

stacked

I really enjoyed all of our projects but I did have some favorites. 
1. The handpainting elements project - 5, because I feel like I could have done better on it. 
the project itself was so sweet, I love the painting the oils were sick, the india ink was totally cool and the magazine transfers were awesome i feel like i could have made a whole film just with them. I still don't understand how the scratch film junkies do what they do so well, it's so tricky! the frame is so tiny, it's really hard to work with. I feel like i could get a 16mm projector in my house and just paint on film all the time and then just have art on my walls all the time, that would be a sick art piece. 
2. the rhythmic edit - 6! probably my favorite outcome of my projects! i loved it, joselyn was so fun to work with, i mean she made it pretty easy to get enough footage for just a 1 min film! we were so reckless running around downtown and getting it at magic hour was pretty awesome! so we did have some technical difficulties, well not really just a dead battery so i had to use her digital camera on like a continuous shoot mode but i really like the way that it came out. i feel like it added a texture and kind of different dimension to the project with the alterations between video footage and still images, sweet.
3. super 8 animation - 6, ok so this one actually probably came out the best! it was unbelievable how great it looked when we got it back from the lab, there was really barely editing to do, just cut out shots of extra hands or blurriness. but yea, it was sweet! again i feel like i could never recreate that on my own, but i haven't tried so i can't really say! I think that doing the sound edit for that project worked out really well so, it's pretty helpful having joselyn making music for us to use, and then we had the whole sound library on the computer, it was pretty handy. 
4. bolex long take - 5, because we didn't do it right and i didn't really get to work with the camera that much! it was a lot of fun though and I think that it came out really well, really high energy and special. I'm glad that everyone worked with us and got into getting dressed up and everything it really made it a lot of fun to dance out in the rain and just mess around!
5. 48 hr video race - 6, i think that i thrive in these situations where i have to rush to finish something because it makes me to do it, like pushes me to really grind to get it done! I really like the mystery prop too, i love stars, and i just had a lot of ideas in my head. it actually came out exactly how i wanted it! 
6. found footage - 6, because i love editing so much i enjoyed this project! i had a really hard time thinking of a concept for it, i don't really keep up with the news or the media too much so i wasn't really sure where to start! but once i got on youtube and just looked at the recent vids it was pretty easy, and the newscasters made it pretty easy for me too! i actually wish that i had more time to work with because i ended up having to cut a lot of clips out because it was too long! but now that i've done it for class i guess i could expand it for the internet, who knows. tea bagging was a fun topic too, it made me giggle

No comments:

Post a Comment