Thursday, April 23, 2009

6x1 part deux

I wish there was a 6x1 part 2 because I would sign up for it without a doubt as soon as I could and then maybe audit it every year after that. I think that if you had a follow up class then it would only strengthen my skills and knowledge of making fantastic experimental films and cameraless films. That would be great, to get a better understand and practice, learn more about, hand painting on film, animating straight onto the film and understand what the outcome of each stroke would be and each move, color, how it would look with it's projected. And the rhythmic edit was probably my favorite and even though I know I could do that on my own in my own time to make movies but when I have to do it for class it's more motivating and creatively stimulating. The super 8 animation is probably also at the top of my list as being the most awesome and I would really like to do that again in a class room setting, with you there to make sure that what we are filming is actually going to come out.  I tried to do a stop animation for my 48-hr vid race but it didn't come out as well, the lighting was way off and so was the focus and everything who knows.  I think that it is helpful to learn these techniques of stop animation and camera less film making when you have the tools and supplies accessible to you. The last two film projects that I've worked on haven't turned out what I thought at all and i know that if I was in class or had someone one around with much more knowledge and confidence than it probably would have come out better.  
I'm really stoked that 6x1 is going to continue to reign the experimental production side of film studies, and i wish that I could be here when you do expand to follow up 6x1 class, I know that you are full of ideas and techniques to teach us it just depends on if the school has the budget and if there were enough students interested, it's hard to believe but it's true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment