Thursday, January 22, 2009

on taking and giving

I really like the way that this passage is written, it's very conversational and easily understood, but overall I am definiltey someone that needs to see something to fully understand what he's talking about.  I mean I know that he's really experimental and into the medium of using film but i didn't really comprehend what he was saying about all the different ways of splicing and the splicing bar as a visual effect (i can't visualize what that would look like).  He did give me some insight though into what we are doing in class later today and I'm pretty excited about that, i think that i've collected some random things around the house that will turn out nicely in the rayogram.  i watched a little of dog star man because of all the references but still i'm not comprehending what some of the techniques that he spoke of, how he did it, and how it would ultimately turn out.  I did like though the use of negative film with inverted that was spliced together, because of everything done in fcp these days with all the filter ans easy editing i just don't automatically think about the original way to make those effects, it would help me alot of see them in real life, but reading brakage and watching his work is definitely inspirational. 

No comments:

Post a Comment